1. All rental deposits are due when reservations are made. The Community Center will be rented on a first come first serve basis. The City must receive a deposit and signed contract in order to reserve the Community Center. The date will be held for twenty-four (24) hours before the contract and deposit is received. If a renter requests a rental and a rental deposit has not been received within twenty-four (24) hours, the rental will be taken off the schedule. The remaining rent and the damage deposit shall be paid when the rental contract is signed. Reservations will be accepted up to one year in advance.
2. Priority will be given to City of Oakland sponsored events in the Community Center.
3. The person making the request to use the Community Center must be at least 21 years of age or older. A photo I.D. is required.
4. If rooms are rented on the same day by different parties, the bathrooms and the parking lot will be shared.
5. Local civic, youth, and church groups (listed on file at City Hall) will be required to sign the rental contract to use the Community Center, with no deposits or rental fees charged for their regular meetings. They will be required to pay the damage deposit and rental fees, at the non-profit rate, to use the Community Center for events they hold outside the scope of their regular meetings. They will be required to clean up after their meetings and events and will be responsible for any missing items or damage to the building or its contents during their use of the Community Center.
6. The City Council may determine a yearly fee and deposit for Renters requesting numerous reservations throughout the year. Such determination will be made on a case by case basis and be set by resolution.
7. Smoking is prohibited anywhere in the Community Center and its grounds.
8. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES shall be brought into the Community Center. The Oakland Volunteer Firemen’s Association has the exclusive rights to operate the bar. The Renter of the Community Center must contact the Oakland Volunteer Firemen’s Association to request bar service. The fee for the cash bar is $100.
9. Any Renter signing the rental contract will be responsible for any damage to the facility and its contents or missing items during their usage of the facility. Any cost will be deducted from the damage deposit fee. Any damages in excess of the damage deposit fee will then be immediately paid by the Renter.
10. ecorations shall not be attached to the structure of the Community Center. The Renter may check with the City Clerk for exceptions at the Clerk’s sole discretion.
11. There shall be no rice, confetti, bubbles, silly string, or birdseed allowed in the Community Center.
12. Tables and chairs are not to leave the Community Center.
13. The City of Oakland will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.
14. The Community Center may be occupied after 6:00 a.m. and shall be vacated by 1:00 a.m.
15. Renter may request access to the Community Center before the day of the event (to set up) for the full day's rental fee, provided that the Community Center has not been rented for that day. However, if the facility remains available the week before the event, then the Renter may rent it for the day before the event (to set up) by paying a One Hundred Dollar ($100.00) rental fee for that day.
16. Depending on the type of rental, the renter will be issued a key that will open the front door and the door to the room(s) that have been rented. The key(s) may not be duplicated and are to be returned to the City Clerk or designated personnel once the event is complete. The damage deposit will not be returned until the key has been turned in.
17. The Community Center Cleaning Check List will be reviewed by a City representative and a representative of the Renter prior to occupancy. The City representative will examine the Community Center and review the Community Center Cleaning Check List after each event to determine whether the damage deposit should be refunded. In the event that the Renter is allowed until noon of the day after the event to complete the cleaning, it must be finished no later than noon. If it is not, the Renter forfeits the rental deposit in full and the City will clean the facility.
18. Any spill, wet or dry, will be cleaned up at the time of the spill.
19. All trash will be tied up and put in the appropriate receptacle. Excessive trash incurring additional pickup charges will be billed to the Renter and taken out of the rental deposit.
20. No animals, except Seeing Eye or other therapy dogs, will be allowed in the Community Center.
21. No fog machines, smoke machines, theatrical smoke, fireworks, or similar items or devices are allowed to be used in the Community Center.
22. If the fire alarm goes off, the building must be evacuated and 911 must be called for immediate Fire Department response. No one shall re-enter the building until Fire Department permission is given.
23.If the Renter or guests create a false fire alarm, the Renter will forfeit the entire damage deposit.
24. The Pottawattamie County Sheriff’s Department may be notified by the City of Oakland for large events, and events where alcohol will be served. Sheriff’s Department deputies shall be allowed to enter the Community Center at any time to ensure the safety and welfare of the people within.
25. The Renter and all guests, invitees, employees, agents, etc., must abide by the rules set forth in the rental contract or the City of Oakland may refuse that Renter any future rental requests and may withhold any or all of the damage deposit.
26. The Community Center will only be used for lawful activities and under federal, state, and local laws. Any violation shall be strictly prohibited and will result in immediate termination of this Agreement.